For Mello Kurosol, disaster is always one bad customer away.
When Logan Apollo, business partner to unlicensed alchemist Mello Kurosol, returns all wrong from a job far outside Lore City limits, Mello must brew deadly potions for the malicious entity possessing Logan's body before time runs out.
Engage your friend in conversation to unwind the mystery of his capture, and brew your way out of a dire hostage situation before your alchemy lab becomes your tomb.
Alkahest is an 18+ thriller visual novel about pushing your limits to gain freedom. Taking place over a single night, this conversation between two categories of criminal explores themes of corruption, religion, and justice through an outsider's lens.
While Alkahest is casually inclusive of diverse ethnicities and sexualities, this game does not follow a hero's journey and is not suitable for young players. Content warnings are detailed below.
- 6 Unique Endings
- 10 Gorgeously-Illustrated CGs
- 6 Diverse Characters explored through clashing perspectives
- A Point-&-Click alchemy mini-game that informs the course of your story
- A Glimpse into corrupt dungeonpunk world where theocracy reigns supreme, magic is innate to all but controlled by the ruling few, and the shadow market breeds opportunity for those who seek it
At 70,000+ words in length players can unlock a first ending in under 2 hours.
Estimated full game completion: 6 hours.
Playable scenes may contain the following:
- Suggestive intimidation (implicit sexuality)
- Physical violence while under duress
- Psychological manipulation
- Mind control (possession)
- Protagonist death/murder
- Villain death/murder
- Visible blood splatter
Some conversational routes facilitate protagonist self-destruction.
All characters are at least 25 and older.
Click the DOWNLOAD button to claim the guide for free.
Tweet your thoughts via #ALKAHESTVN!
Banner headshots by the incredibly talented Paexie.